Plugins that connect to APIs
This section covers plugins that offer API-related services
To connect to an external API, you will in many cases use the API Connector to set up the authentication and the different calls.
There are many plugins however, that already have the authentication method and calls set up, that can save you some time. Before deciding to use the API Connector you may want to explore the plugin store to see if there's already a plugin that handles the calls you need.
There are two simple ways to search for plugins that connect to an API:
To search for relevant plugins:
- 1.Navigate to the Plugins section of the Bubble editor and click Add plugin.
- 2.Search for the API you want to connect to (i.e. Stripe)
- 3.Click the Install button
Plugins in the plugin store are categorized into types, and you can use these to filter out the plugins by whether they are related to an API or not:
By selecting the API plugin type you can filter the search results for plugins that are related to different API services.
- Navigate to the Plugins section of the Bubble editor and click Add plugin.
- Under Types on the left-hand side menu, click deselect all
- Select the API type
- You can further filter results by checking relevant boxes under Category or use the search function